Recent Events and Rebuild Projects Jump to our Austin - Chest Action Leathering Page
Please Scroll all the way down to see our most recent work Return to Title Page
Press Ctrl + to increase or Ctrl - to decrease this screen's viewing size. Thank you for visiting - We invite your inquiry: 1-800-922-1662, Ext. 20.
Tuning at St John's Episcopal Church on the Green in Waterbury, CT. for the Yale Camerata and Pro Musica Concert, Marguerite L. Brooks, conductor, Sunday October 24, 2004.
Requires QuickTime, Windows Media Player, or other MP3 playback software. Keep in mind that some large files may take time to download.
Listen to excerpts from 'Tota pulchra es Maria,' Anton Bruckner, (1824-1896), sung by the Yale Camerata.
Listen to excerpts from the organ at Dobbs Ferry Lutheran Church in Dobbs Ferry, NY, played by David Caesar-Dare, Organist and Minister of Music. These three were played by Mr. Caesar-Dare after Pipe Organ Consulting finished its work. The organ is a 12 rank, W. Zimmer & Sons pipe organ, built in 1989. For more information about the church and its organ, visit the church's website, Dobbs Ferry Lutheran Online.
Listen to excerpts from the December 18 Christmas Angelicus 2004 Concert, directed by Mr. Paul Halley of Joyful Noise, Inc. For more information about the Angelicus concert, visit their website, Chorus Angelicus.
- Excerpt 1: "Wexford Carol". Words & music: traditional Irish, arr. James Bassi (b. 1956).
- Excerpt 2: "I Saw Three Ships".
- Excerpt 3: "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing," Felix Mendelssohn - Descant: Paul Halley, Used by Permission, Joyful Noise, Inc.
Read and Hear what clients had to say about Pipe Organ Consulting.
More Recent Work of Pipe Organ Consulting - Outside our regular Tuning and Maintenance Schedule
- St. Matthew Lutheran Church, New Britain, CT - Moller Pipe Organ, circa 1960
Complete Console Switch Leathering, Combination Action Bellows Recovering and Coupler Reversible Chest Leathering, September - October 2004
- Holy Angels Roman Catholic Church - South Meriden, CT - Austin Pipe Organ, II/17, 1990
Consulted about covering the pipe organ during the church nave renovation, November 2004.
- Emanuel Lutheran Church, Manchester, CT - Casavant Pipe Organ, III/34, 1981
Thorough dismantling and cleaning of the organ's pedal division, Schwimmer unit (pressure regulator), July 2005.
- Elim Park Place, Cheshire, CT - A Not-for-Profit Nationally Accredited Continuing Care Retirement Community - Moller Pipe Organ Moved & Stored for installation in the community's new Chapel and Performing Arts Center. June 2005
- Lake Mahopac Methodist Church, Mahopac, NY - Estey Pipe Organ, II/7, circa 1930.
Rehabilitate and start church's pipe organ, which had sat idle and off for over four years. Organ was made playable with the exception of a few dead notes and tuned for immediate reuse to the delight of the congregation, August 2005.
Ongoing refurbishment is pending.
- Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Newport, RI - Welte Pipe Organ (modified) III/34, circa. 1920.
Complete, Photo-Inspection Survey of the organ's tonal and mechanical condition, with recommendations for potential beneficial improvements, July 2005.
- St. Augustine Parish, Seymour, CT - Casavant Pipe Organ, II/35, 1973
Complete, Great and Pedal division pipe removal and chest covering for protection during the church's nave renovation, commenced December 2005 and completed April 2006.
- First Congregational Church, Bloomfield, CT - Austin Pipe Organ, II/19, 1956 Survey of tonal condition and needs, February 2005. First phase - Revoicing and tonal finishing of the organ's Great division Principal Chorus, 8', 4', 2' and Mixture III, January - February 2006 with voicer, Dan Kingman. Second Phase - Voicing and tonal finishing of the Pedal Principal 16', 8', and 4' stops - August 2006. Third Phase - Completing Swell Division, including cleaning and packing of the 16' Gedeckt - February 2007.
- St. Mary of the Assumption Parish, Brookline, MA - Simmons Pipe Organ, III/34, circa 1900.
Complete reconditioning and leathering of the organ's three, wind-regulating reservoirs, February 2006.
- St. John Episcopal Church, Waterbury, CT - Complete 36 page, Pictorial Inspection-Survey of the McManis Pipe Organ, No. 35, 1956 - III/60, July 2006
- Poughkeepsie United Metodist Church, Poughkeepsie, NY - Installation of Wind Stabilizing Concussion Bellows throughout the organ and Complete Wood & Metal Flute, Tuning Stopper Repacking - Completed September, 2006
- Center Congregational Church, Meriden, CT - Refurbish Pedal Board and Repack Tuning Stoppers of Swell 16' and 8' Rohrflute - Wicks Pipe Organ - Completed September 2006
- First United Methodist Church, Meriden, CT - Installation of Adjustable Bench Mechanism for the Console Organ Bench - September 2006
- First Presbyterian Church, Poughkeepsie, NY - Installation of a New Century Zimbelstern, December 19, in time for Christmas Eve, 2006
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Kensington, CT - Complete refurbishment/leathering of the organ's reservoirs - Wicks Pipe Organ, 1940, January 2007 with ongoing service repairs & tuning
- Reconditioning of Pedal Board - Holy Family Mother House - Baltic, CT - Wicks Pipe Organ - Completed February, 2007
- First Congregational Church, Bloomfield, CT - Cleaned and refurbished Swell Division Wood Pipe Stopper packing, Winter, 2007
- First Congregational Church, Bloomfield, CT - Completed cleaning and tonal finishing of all flue work, Winter, 2007.
- St. Mary of the Assumption Parish, Brookline, MA - Installation of Wind Stabilizing, Concussion Bellows, 'Winkers,' and Upgraded Chamber Lighting, Spring, 2007
- First Baptist Church, Meriden, CT - Reconditioning of the Great, 8' Trumpet and Swell, 8' Cornopean stops, Spring, 2007 in conjunction with Sam Hughes Pipe Organs. Completed July 6, 2007
- First Congregational Church, Portland, CT - Clean and refurbished 8' Gedeckt, Wood Pipe and 4' Rohrflute Metal, Stopper packing, Completed July 12, 2007
- First Presbyterian Church, Poughkeepsie, NY - Moller Pipe Organ, 1955 - Complete leathering of the Great Division Chests and Reservoirs, Summer-Fall, 2007 - Completed November 5, 2007.
- West Hartford United Methodist Church, West Hartford, CT - Gress~Miles pipe organ, 1988 - 16' & 8' Wood Pipe and 4' Rohrflute Metal, Stopper packing, August, 2007 - Completed in two weeks.
- West Hartford United Methodist Church, West Hartford, CT - Gress~Miles pipe organ, 1988 - Great Division Schwimmer frame repair, August, 2007 - Completed in two weeks on August 21, 2007.
- Center Congregational Church, Meriden, CT - Complete Reservoir and Concussion Bellows refurbishment scheduled for January and February of 2008, Completed ahead of schedule on February 14, 2008.
- Elim Park Place, Cheshire, CT - A Not-for-Profit Nationally Accredited Continuing Care Retirement Community - Moller Pipe Organ Refurbishment & Enlarging for installation in the community's new Bethel Place - Performing Arts Center. Completed August, 2009!
- St. John Episcopal Church, Waterbury, CT - Main wind trunk feed enlargement to increase the overall wind capacity to the organ's reservoirs - Completed January 9, 2008 by the Late, Donald R. Siler - May he rest in Peace.
- Major University, Middletown, CT - 2003, Holtkamp Pipe Organ - Complete tuning of the organ for Young Organists' Festival Recitals - February 15-17, 2008. Watch for posting of photos & excerpts...
- St. John Episcopal Church, Waterbury, CT - McManis Pipe Organ - Installation of Two New, 16 stage, Peterson Electric Swell Motors, March, 2008.
- First Parish in Concord, Concord, MA - Console Switch Leathering and Replacement of the organ's power supply - Spring-Summer, 2008 - Completed October 1, 2008!
- First Presbyterian Church, Poughkeepsie, NY - Refurbishment of the Choir Division Stop Actions - Spring, 2008 - Completed May 2, 2008.
- Parish of the Good Shepherd, Waban, MA - Installation of a New Century Zimbelstern for organist Carl Klein, May, 2008.
- First Parish in Concord, Concord, MA - Complete cable replacement from the Console Switching to the Organ Chamber - Fall, 2008, In Progress - As major reconstruction occurs at the church! Rescheduled for completion in the Fall of 2009.
- First Congregational Church, Worcester, MA - Complete Austin Chest Action Releathering in two Phases - Austin Pipe Organ, 1960 - Fall 2008 & Winter, 2009, Phase One Completed Dec., 2008 - Phase Two completed March 1, 2009. Click to see Austin Action Releathering In-progress shop photos.
"Thanks again for the terrific work on the (Austin) actions and leathers. The organ
sounds amazing. Much more support to the sound. We had music Sunday today and
I played almost the entire service. The organ performed great." Scott Yonker, Director of Music, First Congregational Church, May 17, 2009.
- Trinity Episcopal Church, Portland, CT - Hall pipe organ, 1925 - Consulting for Request For Proposal.
- Elim Park Place, Cheshire, CT - Installation of a New, 2 H.P., Zephyr Pipe Organ Blower to wind the organ as a whole. Fall - 2008.
- Elim Park Place, Cheshire, CT - Addition of a Pedal 16', 8', 4' Principal unit to enhance the organ's bass. Installed June, 2009.
- Summer of 2008 - We covered, for protection during church renovations, pipe organs in the following churches: First Baptist, Meriden, Dobbs Ferry Lutheran, First Parish in Concord - Both the Chapel and Main Meeting House instruments.
- First Parish in Concord, Concord, MA - Move of Spencer Blower during church renovations. Completed 11-25-08.
- Elim Park Place - Nelson Hall, Moller Swell Division heard for the first time, Saturday, December 13, 2008 in The City Singers of Hartford Christmas concert - Psallite!
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Kensington, CT - Installation of a New, 3 Phase, 1 H.P., Zephyr Electric Organ Blower for their Wicks Pipe Organ, 1940, Completed April 28, 2009.
- Emmanuel Church - Episcopal, Newport, RI - Chamber Lighting & Complete Top-to-Bottom tuning. March and November 2009 with on going repairs in December, 2009. Please check the church's web pages for more detail about the Emmanuel organ and watch for continued updating.
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, Holden, MA - Complete Cleaning and Regulating of the Trompette 16' & 8' unit rank in the church's Gress~Miles pipe organ. We restored the stop's tonal lustre and snap, after which organist Carlton Peacock described the transformation as '...truly amazing...' and '...it never sounded so good...' 'It sounds better than when it was new...' installed in 1976.
- Completion of the Estey Chapel organ wiring and console winding, pipe chamber cleaning and painting, October - 2009.
- Lutheran Church of St, Mark, Glastonbury - New Concussion Bellows and Power supplies to overcome wind shake and sluggish pipe valve actions - December, 2009.
- Mahopac United Methodist Church, Mahopac, NY -
Rehabilitation of the Estey pipe organ's console switching to provide
temporary use of the organ for services until larger reconditioning repairs
can be undertaken.
- St. Augustine Church, Seymour, CT - Recovering of the church's Casavant Pipe Organ's 6 Schwimmer regulators. This job was started December 11th & completed December 18th, JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!
- New work for 2010:
- Cheshire Lutheran, Cheshire, CT - Schlicker Pipe Organ - Cleaning of pipes and chamber, recovering of the organ's pressure regulator. Started December 27, 2009 - In Progress.
- Zion Lutheran, Portland, Recovering of the church's Moller pipe organ's 2 Swell pressure regulators. Started January 4 and completed ahead of schedule, Monday, January 25, 2010!
Digital Photos of our work can be provided upon request. Please check back to view new postings.
Your inquiry is invited. Please do not hesitate to call Today! 1-800-922-1662, ext. 20.
163 Dayton Road, South Glastonbury, CT 06073
Page updated & Copyright: January 9, 2010